The ER is capitalized because WARNING: THESE COOKIES WILL NOT MAKE YOU SKINNY. They are simply not as bad for you as normal cookies, and have some nutritional value.
Well now that we cleared that up… HI! Let me introduce you to what happens when there are about 15 ripe bananas in my house that need to be used:
I got the general idea for these cookies from Cookie and Kate… she’s kind of awesome. Then, I tweaked it to make it exactly how I wanted! Here is my version:
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 cups oats (I used Old Fashioned thick oats!)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 c. organic white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 mashed bananas
1/2 tsp honey
1 c. chocolate chips (dark chocolate or sugar free if you want to be as healthy as possible!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. Cream together the butter and sugars in a large bowl, then adding the egg and bananas and honey.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
7. Spoon onto baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes!!
Then you get this 🙂
These cookies seriously are delish. You could even add walnuts or some flax/chia seeds to make a heartier, healthier cookie!
They were so easy to make and delicious, and you don’t feel toooo terrible when you eat them! Success? I think so!
Well, what are you waiting for?! Go make these! Happy baking 🙂